FRIENDS OF ST LAURENCE’S WYCK RISSINGTON

 
 

St Laurence’s is a beautiful church set in the tiny Cotswold village of Wyck Rissington in Gloucestershire.  The Oxfordshire Way runs through the churchyard.


Its celebrated Early English chancel, consecrated in 1269, has one of the earliest known examples of primitive plate tracery, and attracts visitors from all over the world.


In 2010, owing to the ravages of time, the Cotswold slate roof was no longer weatherproof, and the whole roof had to be replaced.


The building work started in October 2010, and despite the exceptionally harsh winter, was completed on time, and within budget, in April 2011.




 

Welcome to the Friends of St Laurence’s

1875

2009

2010

April 2011